Monday, March 31, 2008

Pat's Apple Crisp

Print Friendly and PDF

Here is the ultimate apple crisp recipe, guaranteed to get you compliments every time you make this. Your kitchen will smell wonderful as it bakes. As a variation, you can add nuts or raisins to the topping. This recipe comes from my friend Pat Petredis, an award-winning cook, of Fox Island, Washington.

Ingredients:
4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup water
¾ cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, unsalted and chilled

Mix apples, cinnamon and water. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar and butter with a pastry blender until it resembles peas. Place apples in a buttered 10” baking dish. Top with flour mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min. until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.

1 comment:

NJenn said...

Never found a recipe for apple crisp that I really loved cuz I loved loads of topping. I think you've done it! The bottom crust might just be the answer. Can't wait to give it a try. I'm thinking my work buddies are getting another treat this week.