Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mom's Chinese-Style Spareribs

Print Friendly and PDF

Another family favorite recipe! I would ask my mom to make this for me on my birthday each year. This was her own, original recipe. She is depicted here in Roger’s painting from the “American Diary Series”.

Ingredients:
2 sides pork spareribs, cut up

Marinade:
¾ cup beef broth
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp ginger, freshly grated
2 T soy sauce

Marinate the ribs for 2 hours or overnight. Bake the ribs in a roasting pan with the marinade at 375 degrees for 1-1/2 hours, turning the ribs at 15 min. intervals. Cover the pan with foil if all the marinade evaporates while baking. I like a lot of sauce on the ribs, so I make a second batch of the marinade, adding 2 T of cornstarch to it and microwaving it for 1 minute until thick. I baste the ribs with this sauce towards the end of the cooking time and serve the extra sauce on the side.




No comments: